Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- 200g rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (not suitable for children under 12 months)
- 100g apple & cinnamon fruit pouch or apple puree
- 250ml milk such as almond or oat milk
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 medium eating apple peeled, cored and chopped into small chunks
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the apple pie filling:
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 120ml water
1. Place the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, apple puree and maple syrup (if using) into a medium sized bowl and stir to combine. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours, overnight if possible.
2. Make the apple pie filling: Place the chopped up apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, maple syrup and water into a small saucepan and place over a medium heat.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick and the apples are tender. You want them soft, but with a little bite still...
4. To serve: Divide the oats into 2-3 servings and top each with the apple pie filling. Serve warm or cold. To warm, place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, until desired warmth is reached.