Nature Treasure Basket Sensory Activity
It's funny that anyone ever thought a baby will calmly sit next to you and be content. At this stage, they are surprisingly adventurous and want to learn and discover new things, all at once! With this Nature Treasure Basket Sensory Play Idea by @meghan_0x, you can let your baby discover the world around them safely.
Objects to use:
1. Paper/Cardboard/Recycled Objects
2. Wooden Objects
4. Metal Objects or Utensils
5. Rubber/Silicone Objects
6. Natural Objects
7. Scented Objects
Objects to avoid:
1. Small objects that can be swallowed
2. Objects with loose parts as that can be a choking hazard
3. Painted wood that can come loose once in contact with saliva.
4. Stripping metal or any other object that may have lead.
What to do?
1. Pick a sturdy basket, preferably once that is round and big or deep enough that your baby can see all the treasures at once.
2. Locate the objects that will go into the sensory treasure baskets
What kind of learning opportunities does this craft provide?
- Rich mental stimulation, which not only activates the growth of the brain but also provides satisfying experiences for baby.
- Fine motor skills and coordination
- Use of senses as this encourages your baby to use his or her senses to explore
- Builds independence as it encourages baby to make new discoveries independently
Note: As with all of our activities, we recommend full supervision because, as we know, little ones like to explore with all of their senses - including their mouths!