DIY Mud Station Activity
Who thought mud could make the best sensory play idea?! Well, this quick and easy DIY mud station is the muddy moment we've all been waiting for!
Get ready to have some muddy fun, just like @funwith.florence
All you need?
- A large storage container
- Smaller bins or bowls
- Scoops, bowls, cups, and other kitchen tools
- Water, dirt, and items you can find in your garden.
What to do:
Set the supplies at ground level or eye level and let the little one/s mix and play as desired. So much messy fun!
What kind of learning opportunities does this craft provide?
- Sensory / tactile learning
- Science (the mixing of materials and nature exploration)
- Fine motor skills
- Cooperative learning
- Imaginative play
Note: As with all of our activities, we recommend full supervision because, as we know, little ones like to explore with all of their senses - including their mouths!
It's messy but it's oh so fun! Enjoy!