Ham, Cheese and Mustard Puff's
What you need:
1 egg (for eggwash)
(2 sheets) prepared puff pastry (I usually buy ready rolled and that comes with baking parchment so you can literally lift and transfer onto the tray then trip the excess paper)
Grated cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees (fan).
2. Prepare egg wash; set aside.
3. Spread mustard onto one layer of pastry, leaving 1/2" around the border. Place ham, then cheese, careful not to put any ingredients with the 1/2" border.
4. Brush egg wash all around the 1/2" border.
5. Then place the second sheet of pastry over the top. Align edges (if it's not perfect, that's ok - you can just trim the edges if needed) and press layers together to ensure a seal with the egg wash. Press the prongs of a fork into the layers to form a stronger seal all around.
6. Brush the egg wash over the entire layer of the puff pastry (including the edges, to ensure even browning) and cut several slits in the top for steam to escape. Bake for about 25 minutes or until it's golden brown.
7. Once out of the oven cut up into portions however you like. I like to cut into small triangles to serve as a buffet food so lots of people can eat them.